Brunching at Blue Cafe Bar

by - July 07, 2017


I've been meaning to visit this brunch spot for goodness knows how many weekends, and finally, on a weekend where I've decided to stay in Launnie for once, I set foot in this cosy cafe. It's usually packed but we were lucky they weren't busy when we visited.


I've been meaning to visit this brunch spot for goodness knows how many weekends, and finally, on a weekend where I've decided to stay in Launnie for once, I set foot in this cosy cafe. It's usually packed but we were lucky they weren't busy when we visited.

They have a very extensive drinks menu and although I would have liked to order a smoothie, I couldn't resist getting a home brewed chai. Chai will always have a place in my heart, especially on a cold winter's day. And look how cute the presentation was! Complete with a mini milk bottle and a dash of honey - just the way I would have it :)

IMG_4128
Home Chai

Next on the menu was a steak dish.


IMG_4138
Steak and Chips

I'm going to be completely honest and say although presentation wise it looks really appetising, I will have to rate it a 5/10. I found it be a little too raw for my liking and the potato chips didn't have the crisp I was looking for. 

Having said that, I was absolutely in love (love love love) with this pizza. 

IMG_4151
Pulled Mount Gnomon Pork Shoulder, Pickled Jalapeno, Avocado, Coriander & Creme Fraiche
It was packed full of flavour, with a hint of zest from the Creme Fraiche which gave this dish a bang. 10 points for this one.

Now, would I visit this cafe again? Absolutely! I have yet to taste their breakfast menu so I'm excited to see what they have to offer. The cafe itself also goes true to its name - there was tinges of blue in every corner. As with the pictures on the wall and the neat interior, it's no wonder why it fits perfectly well in the Inveresk Art Precinct. 


Where: 
Blue Cafe Bar
2-4 Invermay Rd, Invermay TAS 7248

More reviews coming your way.

Love,
Liv
xx


You May Also Like

0 comments